Turnkey Linux Backup and Migration (TKLBAM)
A fully automated backup and restore system with no pain. That you wouldn’t need to configure. That just magically knows what to backup and, just as importantly, what NOT to backup, to create super efficient, encrypted backups of changes to files, databases, package management state, even users and groups.
An automated backup/restore system so powerful it would double as a migration mechanism to move or copy fully working systems anywhere in minutes instead of hours or days of error prone, frustrating manual labor.
It would be so easy you would, shockingly enough, actually test your backups. No more excuses. As frequently as you know you should be, avoiding unpleasant surprises at the worst possible timing.
One turn-key tool, simple and generic enough that you could just as easily use it to migrate a system:
- from Ubuntu Hardy to Ubuntu Lucid (get it now?)
- from a local deployment, to a cloud server
- from a cloud server to any VPS
- from a virtual machine to bare metal
- from Ubuntu to Debian
- from 32-bit to 64-bit
- TKLBAM is aimed at server backup and migration
- backup to local filesystem