Courtesy: Jolyon Smith
- FireMonkey – a scalable vector graphics based GUI framework exploiting GPU capabilities for hardware accelerated cross platform GUI’s.
- Cross-Platform support – Target Win32 and Win64 with single-source VCL applications or Win32, Win64 and MORE using FireMonkey.
- iOS support for native code FireMonkey apps !! – Yes folks – use Delphi to build iPhone and iPad apps that even Steve Jobs will be happy to have in his Store!
- LiveBindings – a way to create ‘live” relationships not just between objects but between individual properties of objects.
- Native Android apps – using PhoneGap in RadPHP
- Native Android apps – to come in the future for Delphi (as well as Linux)
- DataSnap client proxy generation – for Android, .NET, Objective-C, Blackberry, iOS etc etc
- Starter Edition will be available right from the start along with Pro, Enterprise and Architect.
- ALL platforms supported by the cross-platform capabilities will be in ALL editions, including Starter!
It is interesting to note that for XE2, Embarcadero is using Free Pascal Compiler as a stopgap solution until it has its own ARM compiler.
If they have modified the base FPC compiler then they should release the enhanced code to the FPC community.