From the home page of stopbadware.org
We make the Web safer through the prevention, mitigation, and remediation of badware websites.
Together with our partners we:
- model and advocate for policies and best practices that strengthen key links in the chain of trust.
- produce objective educational content to assist webmasters in preventing and removing badware.
- maintain the Badware Website Clearinghouse and conduct independent reviews of badware websites, ensuring data accuracy and transparency of blocklists.
- publish aggregated badware data, like our Top 50 Networks and Top 50 IP Addresses lists.
- operate an active community forum, BadwareBusters.org, which allows webmasters to learn from security professionals and each other about how to remove and prevent badware.
- provide insight into relevant issues via reports, public comments, our blog, and speaking engagements.